Extra Cheesy Scones
Want to make the perfect cheese scone? The secret is adding soda water, using tasty cheese and making sure the dough is soft. Serve warm from the oven for a morning tea treat.
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 200°C fan bake or 220°C conventional and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift self-raising flour, salt and cayenne pepper into a mixing bowl. Stir in the grated cheese. Make a well. Pour in the milk and soda water and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well floured surface. Pat or roll the dough into a rectangle about 2cm thick. Cut dough into 12 pieces. Place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden. Remove and cool wrapped in a tea towel. Serve warm with butter or margarine.
* For variation, add chopped spring onions, parsley or chopped sundried tomatoes when adding the grated cheese.
4 ½ cups self-raising flour
1 pinch salt
2 cups grated tasty cheese
1 pinch Gregg's Cayenne Pepper
300 ml milk
250 ml soda water