Feijoa Bran Muffins
It’s feijoa season and we are bringing back a classic – Feijoa Bran Muffins. Try these delicious muffins with a little butter for a delicious snacking treat!
12 jumbo muffins or 16 regular muffins
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan bake). Grease a deep 12 hole muffin tin.
- Put bran, wholemeal flour, flour, baking powder, Gregg’s Cinnamon and brown sugar into a mixing bowl and stir to mix.
- Melt the butter with the golden syrup.
- Whisk milk, eggs and baking soda until baking soda has dissolved.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Add milk mixture, melted butter and golden syrup along with the chopped feijoas. Carefully mix together to combine the ingredients, being careful not to overmix. Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until the muffins are golden and spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a cake rack to cool completely.
2 cups wheat baking bran
1 cup wholemeal flour
1 cup flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Gregg’s Ground Cinnamon
½ cup soft brown sugar
100 g butter
3 Tbsp golden syrup
1 ¼ cup milk
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 ½ cup peeled and chopped ripe feijoas (about 4-5 feijoas)