Feijoa, Pear and Ginger Cake
This cake is perfect for dessert and is sure to impress!
Makes 23cm round cake
How to Cook
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan bake). Grease a springform 23cm round cake tin and line the base with baking paper. Drain the Wattie's Pear Quarters, cut each quarter in half lengthwise and place on kitchen towels to absorb any excess juice.
- In a large mixing bowl sift flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and mixed spice.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a saucepan over a low heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Add milk and eggs along with the melted butter and syrup and chopped feijoas to the dry ingredients. Mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared cake tin. Arrange the pear slices on top of the cake batter.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the middle of the cake. Allow the cake to cool in the tin before removing. Serve with Greek yoghurt or cream if wished.
410 g Can Wattie's Pear Quarters in Clear Fruit Juice
2 ½ cups Flour
½ cup Brown Sugar
1 ½ tablespoons Gregg's Ground Ginger
1 teaspoon Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Gregg's Ground Mixed Spice
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 ½ teaspoons Baking Powder
185 g Butter
½ cup Golden Syrup
3 Large Eggs
¼ cup Milk
1 cup Peeled and finely chopped feijoas