Add a little sweetness to your life! Great for an afternoon tea treat.
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease or line with baking paper a 20 x 30 cm slice tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy. Stir in the sifted dry ingredients and knead well. Place this mixture into the tin and press out evenly. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
- While the base is cooked, prepare the topping by heating the second measure of butter and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat or in the microwave. Stir in the sifted icing sugar and Gregg's Ground Ginger.
- When the slice come out of the oven, spread over the topping and cut into squares while still warm.
* If you are a ginger lover, add 1/4 cup diced crystallised ginger to the topping.
125 g butter
½ cup caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cups flour
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Ginger
100 g butter
¼ cup golden syrup
1 cup icing sugar
2 Tbsp Gregg's Ground Ginger