You don’t need to have children to have fun with these gingerbread men. Roll up your sleeves and embrace your creative side to make these delicious treats.
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking soda, Gregg's Ground Ginger and Ground Cinnamon together and place in a bowl or food processor. Add Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar or Dark Cane Sugar.
- Add butter and rub in with fingertips or pulse in food processor until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg and stir or pulse to mix. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour to the mix and wrap in cling wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out on a lightly floured surface or between 2 sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Using cookie cutters, cut shapes and place on tray. Form leftover dough into a ball and re-roll and repeat cutting out until all the dough is used up.
- Bake gingerbread men for 8-10 minutes or until cooked and golden. Remove from oven and cool on baking rack.
- Make icing by adding a few drops of food colouring and 1 1⁄2 tsp water to the icing sugar. Drop a small amount under each spot where you wish to place a lolly.
* To make this gluten free: use 1 ¾ cups gluten free flour and ½ tsp xantham gum. Sift both ingredients in a bowl or food processor along with Gregg’s Ground Ginger and Ground Cinnamon, as per method 2.
2 cups flour
½ tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp Gregg's Ground Ginger
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
1 cup (220g) firmly packed Chelsea Soft Brown Sugar or Chelsea Dark Cane Sugar
150 g butter
½ cup Chelsea Icing Sugar
Food colouring and lollies to decorate