Gregg's Hot Cross Bun Pudding
Don't throw away your left over Hot Cross Buns this Easter!
We have the perfect way to use them up by turning them into a delicious pudding infused with Gregg's cinnamon and vanilla.
How to Cook
- Grease a 22cm cake tin and line base with non-stick baking paper. Cut each hot cross bun into four slices. Line base of tin with half the slices, fitting snugly. Sprinkle with white choc bits.
- Whisk milk, cream, eggs, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla together in a large jug. Pour half the mixture over buns.
- Top with remaining bun slices, pour rest of mixture over. Stand 30 mins to soak up liquid. Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced. Top with dark choc bits and almonds.
- Stand cake tin in a baking dish and pour in boiling water to come halfway up the side. Bake for 1 hr until set and browned (it will rise when cooked, but sink on cooling).
- Remove tin from dish and cool completely. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Run a knife around edge of pudding, turn onto a plate. Remove paper and invert pudding onto a serving plate. Cut into wedges to serve.
6 Hot Cross Buns
¼ cup White Chocolate Bits
1 ½ cups Milk
1 ½ cups Cream
½ cup Caster Sugar
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
1 Gregg's Vanilla Beans (split in half and deseed)
¼ cup Dark Chocolate Bits
2 Tbsp Slivered Almonds
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Nutmeg