Gregg’s Spicy Mulled Wine
A delicious spicy mulled wine to share with friends and warm you up on a cool winter night.
How to Cook
- Heat cloves, cinnamon, sugar, vanilla bean, nutmeg, water, orange rind and apple in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add red wine and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Strain and divide among serving glasses.
- Garnish glasses with whole sliced orange slices. Serve immediately.
10 Gregg's Cloves
2 Gregg's Cinnamon Quills
¼ cup caster sugar
1 Gregg's Vanilla Bean (halved length-ways)
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Nutmeg
2 cups water
1 orange rind (peeled)
1 apple, skin on, roughly chopped
750 mls fruity red wine (like Merlot)