Honey & Sesame Muesli Bars
A delicious hearty snack for school lunch boxes!
How to Cook
- Preheat the oven to 140°C. Lightly grease a shallow 20 x 30cm (8 x 12in) baking tin and line the base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Put the honey and oil in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until well combined and heated through. Set aside.
- Put the rolled oats, puffed wheat, coconut, sesame seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, cranberries, sultanas and almonds in a large bowl and mix to combine evenly. Add the honey mixture and stir to combine. Using damp hands, press the mixture firmly into the lined tin. Press the mixture with the back of a spoon to make the surface smooth and even.
- Bake for 45–55 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in the tin before cutting into 24 bars.
- Store in an airtight container. Muesli bars will keep up to 1 week.
¾ cup good-quality honey
½ cup sunflower oil or light olive oil
2 ½ cups rolled oats
1 ½ cups puffed rice or quinoa
½ cup desiccated coconut
3 Tbsp Gregg's Seasame Seeds
1 ½ tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Nutmeg
⅓ cup dried cranberries
½ cup sultanas
½ cup raw almonds (coarsely chopped) optional