Jam & Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins
Is it a doughnut or a muffin? We’ll let you decide but what we can tell you is that they taste amazing! With our interpretation you get the taste of a jam filled doughnut but without all the hassle. Best enjoyed warm but trust us they won’t last long!
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan bake). Grease a 12-hole muffin pan.
- Sift flour and baking soda into a mixing bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- In a jug whisk together yoghurt, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Carefully fold into the dry ingredients with the melted butter until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture into each muffin hole and make an indent in the centre. Drop a teaspoon of Craig’s Black Doris Plum Jam on top. Cover the jam with the remaining mixture. Smooth the tops with the back of a teaspoon. Bake for approx 18-20 minutes until they are golden and spring back when pressed. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes.
- Brush the doughnuts lightly with melted butter then roll in the cinnamon sugar. Serve warm.
- To Make the Cinnamon Sugar:
Mix the sugar and Gregg's Ground Cinnamon together.
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ cup sugar
¾ cup natural unsweetened yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
125 g butter, melted
4 Tbsp Craig’s Black Doris Plum Jam
30 g butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon