Spiced Brown Sugar Meringues with Summer Fruits
These spiced meringues are perfect for the festive season! Topped with whipped cream, peaches and strawberries, they are also perfect for summer entertaining.
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 140°C (fan assisted). Mix cornflour, Gregg’s Ground Mixed Spice, white wine vinegar and vanilla extract together to make a paste. Set aside. Mix caster and brown sugar together.
- Whisk egg whites together in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Continue whisking, adding sugar a little at a time alternately with the cornflour mixture until the meringue is stiff and glossy.
- Spoon 6 meringues, spaced apart onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Shape into nests by making dips in the centre with the back of a spoon. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and leave to cool in the oven for a further 1 hour.
- To serve place a meringue nest on a serving plate. Fill with whipped cream or Greek-style yoghurt and fresh strawberries. Spoon the peach coulis over the meringue.
To Make the Peach Coulis:
- Place the Wattie’s Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
1 tsp cornflour
½ tsp Gregg's Ground Mixed Spice
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup caster sugar
¼ cup soft brown sugar
4 egg whites
1 punnet strawberries
1 cup cream, whipped or 1 cup Greek-style yoghurt
410 g can Wattie’s Peaches Sliced in Clear Fruit Juice