Turn up the flavour and bring the taste of Mexico to your table with this fun, family favourite recipe. This delicious and easy mid-week meal will be a guaranteed hit that everyone will enjoy. Accompany these Chicken Enchiladas with a fresh garden salad and you have the makings for a fun and healthy family dinner.
How to Cook
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the chicken and brown over medium heat. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook over medium heat until the onion is soft. Add the Gregg's Crushed Garlic and cook for 1 minute and following this, add the Gregg's Ground Coriander, Gregg's Ground Cumin and Gregg's Chilli Seasoning and cook for a further minute. Add the tomato puree and water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Place half of the tomato puree mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked.
- Brush some of the reserved sauce onto each tortilla then place about 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on one side. Roll up and place in a lightly greased oven proof dish. Brush any remaining sauce on the top of the enchiladas then sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the top is golden and enchiladas are heated through.
1 Tbsp olive oil
500 g boneless chicken thighs, chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tsp Gregg's Crushed Garlic
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Coriander
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cumin
½ tsp Gregg's Chilli Seasoning
1 400g can tomato puree
½ cup water
8 small or 4 large tortillas
1 cup grated tasty cheese