Chicken, Potato & Cannellini Bake
If you’re looking for a winter warmer that ticks all the boxes, then this bake is for you! Just 15 minutes prep and your oven does the rest!
How to Cook
- Preheat oven to 180°C (fan assisted). Cut each chicken thigh into 4 or 5 pieces. Toss the chicken in the seasoned flour. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and brown the chicken pieces. Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Add the chorizo into the pan and brown. Scatter over the chicken. Reduce the pan heat and add the leek and cook until softened. Add Gregg’s Ground Smoked Paprika and Gregg’s Rubbed Thyme and stir. Pour over chicken stock and add Wattie’s Cannellini Beans. Stir while bringing sauce to the boil. Pour over the chicken.
- Overlap thinly sliced potatoes over the chicken. Brush potatoes with a little extra olive oil and scatter over Parmesan. Shake extra smoked paprika over the potatoes. Place in the oven and cook for 40-45 minutes until potatoes and chicken are cooked. Allow to stand for 10 minutes before serving with your favourite green vegetables.
* Replace chorizo with chopped bacon if wished.
* Replace Wattie’s Cannellini Beans in Springwater with Wattie’s Pinto Beans in Springwater if wished.
500 g chicken thigh fillets
1 Tbsp flour seasoned with salt and pepper
100 g chorizo sausage, sliced
1 leek, washed and sliced
1 tsp Gregg’s Ground Smoked Paprika
½ tsp Gregg's Rubbed Thyme
420 g can Wattie’s Cannellini Beans in Springwater, drained
½ cup chicken stock
400 g red potatoes, washed and thinly sliced
¼ cup finely grated Parmesan
Shake of Gregg’s Ground Smoked Paprika