Popcorn Chicken with Aioli
Hands down, this is the best popcorn chicken you will ever make! We guarantee that these will disappear just as fast as the takeaway version. Also check out our tasty ideas to flavour up the aioli.
How to Cook
- Cut the chicken into 3 cm square pieces. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the flour onto a plate. On a separate plate, mix the panko crumbs and Gregg’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the flour then into the beaten egg and then coat in the seasoned panko crumbs. Place on the prepared tray while heating the oil.
- Pour oil into a deep pan to a depth of 1 cm. Heat the oil over medium heat. Drop a few of the panko crumbs into the oil and if they sizzle and rise to the surface the oil is ready. Add the chicken in batches. Cook for approximately 6–7 minutes, turning regularly, or until the chicken is cooked and golden. Keep warm in a 120°C oven while cooking the remaining chicken.
- Serve with HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Garlic Aioli or HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Aioli with Olive Oil.
* Flavour up your HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Garlic Aioli by mixing ½ cup of aioli with one of these:
- 1 Tbsp each of finely chopped gherkins and sun-dried tomatoes
- ½ ripe avocado, mashed
- ¼ tsp chilli paste – or more if you like it spicy
- 1–2 tsp good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1–2 Tbsp of your favourite chopped herbs – e.g. basil, parsley, dill
400g skinless chicken breast fillets
⅓ cup flour
1½ cup panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp Gregg's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 large egg, beaten
Vegetable oil for frying
HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Garlic Aioli or HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Aioli with Olive Oil