Why buy fudge when it’s so easy and budget-friendly to make your own? Full of festive flavours, it’s sure to be a hit this season plus it makes a great gifting idea.
How to Cook
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm square cake tin with baking paper.
- Put the butter, sweetened condensed milk, brown sugar and golden syrup into a medium sized saucepan. Stir over a low to medium heat until the butter and sugar are melted. Continue stirring until the mixture is almost boiling. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in Gregg’s Ground Ginger, Gregg’s Ground Cinnamon, Gregg’s Ground Nutmeg and white chocolate until the mixture is smooth. If necessary return the pan a low heat to ensure the chocolate melts.
- Pour into the prepare tin, swirling the top with a knife. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours until the fudge is set.
- Cut into pieces and store in a container in the refrigerator.
* We used Whittaker’s chocolate. This recipe will not work with chocolate melts.
** Stirring continuously will ensure that the fudge doesn’t burn.
** Replace white chocolate with a good quality milk chocolate.
**Scatter chopped glace ginger over the fudge before refrigerating.
395g can sweetened condensed milk
¾ cup soft brown sugar
¼ cup golden syrup
2 tsp Gregg's Ground Ginger
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Cinnamon
½ tsp Gregg's Ground Nutmeg
250g good quality white chocolate*, chopped into small pieces