How to Cook
- In a bowl, mix together garlic, mint, olive oil and Gregg’s Sumac Ground Blend to make a paste. Rub the paste into the lamb chops**. Refrigerate while preparing the vegetables.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan assisted). Toss the prepared vegetables in the olive oil and place in a single layer on an oven tray. Roast for 30-35 minutes until tender. Remove from the oven and place in a bowl. Toss through the sumac dressing while the vegetables are still hot. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Change oven to medium to high grill (or fangrill) setting, keeping at 200°C. Place the marinated lamb chops on a grill rack. Grill the chops for 6-7 minutes on each side until the lamb is cooked. Alternatively they may be cooked on a preheated BBQ over a medium heat. Rest the lamb for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve the lamb with the warm root vegetable salad on the side accompanied with steamed broccolini or beans.
- Whisk together ingredients or place ingredients in a screw top jar and shake to mix.
* Vegetables for the salad should be trimmed, peeled and cut into 2 cm pieces – choose a mix from potatoes, kumara, beetroot, carrots, parsnip, red onions.
** An easy way to do this is to place the lamb chops in a large resealable plastic bag. Add the sumac and mint paste. Seal the bag and then massage the paste into the lamb. Place bag in the fridge to allow the lamb to marinate and absorb the flavours.
*** The roasted root vegetable salad makes a great stand-alone dish: Roast vegetables as per the recipe. Add steamed broccoli and cauliflower florets before tossing though the dressing. Scatter over crumbled feta and toasted cashew nuts for a great vegetarian option.