Rice & Pasta
Easy and affordable to make, this simple yet delicious napoletana sauce goes well with your choice of pasta.
How to Cook
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add pasta to the boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions. Drain.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add onion and garlic and cook over medium heat for 1 - 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and toss through pasta. Season to taste with freshly ground Gregg's Whole Black Peppercorns and serve in pre-warmed bowls.
- Garnish with freshly grated parmesan cheese and torn basil leaves.
500 g packet penne or dried pasta, of your choice
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, sliced
2 tsp Gregg's Crushed Garlic
1 50g sachet Gregg's Tomato Paste
2 400g can chopped tomatoes
1 Gregg's Whole Bay Leaf
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
Gregg's Whole Black Peppercorns, freshly ground, to season
Parmesan Cheese, freshly grated, to garnish