Rice & Pasta
A cheesy pasta dish with tuna and the fresh flavours of Gregg's Lemon Pepper seasoning is sure to please. Perfect for a mid-week winter dinner.
How to Cook
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease a large square ovenproof dish.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water following the cooking time specified on the packet, drain and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, prepare the cheese sauce. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, stir in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the milk a little at a time, stirring each time to prevent lumps. Cook for another 3 minutes or until smooth and thickened. Remove from the heat and add ½ cup of the grated cheese and Gregg's Sea Salt and Gregg's Black Pepper to taste.
- Add the lemon juice to the tuna and add to the sauce along with the pasta, chopped tomato and Gregg's Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Place in the dish.
- Sprinkle with the Gregg's Homestyle Stuffing Mix and the remaining grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 -25 minutes or until heated through and the topping is golden brown.
250 g pasta spirals or penne
3 Tbsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
2 ½ cups milk
2 cups grated tasty cheese
Gregg's Natural Sea Salt, freshly ground
Gregg's Whole Black Peppercorns, freshly ground
juice of 1 lemon
425 g can tuna, drained
1 large tomato, diced
1 Tbsp Gregg's Lemon Pepper Seasoning
1 cup Gregg's Homestyle Stuffing Mix