Sumac Fish Fillets and Couscous
Sumac is a dark spice and will colour this fish but adds a delicious, zesty note!
How to Cook
- Toss the fish fillets in Gregg’s Sumac Ground Blend to coat. Place on a tray in the fridge while preparing the salad.
- Cook the pearl couscous in lightly salted boiling water for 10-12 minutes until al dente (cooked but firm to the bite). Drain and rinse in cold water. Drain again and place in a bowl. Add parsley, cucumber and cherry tomatoes. Lightly toss through Eta Lite & Free Balsamic Vinaigrette and refrigerate.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan. Pan fry the fish over a medium to low heat for approx. 3-4 minutes on each side. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish fillets.
- To serve spoon the salad onto a plate. Scatter over crumbled feta cheese and top with the sumac fish. Garnish with a wedge of lemon.
* Substitute snapper, lemon fish or salmon fillets in place of Tarakihi.
* Replace pearl couscous with couscous if wished, following cooking instructions on the packet.
4 100g Tarakihi fish fillets
1 ½ - 2 Tbsp Gregg’s Sumac Ground Blend
¾ cup pearl couscous
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
1 small Lebanese cucumber, quartered lengthwise and chopped
16 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 - 4 tbsp Eta Lite & Free Balsamic Vinaigrette
50 g feta, crumbled
Lemon wedges to serve