Broccoli and Chorizo Fritters
These 20 minute broccoli fritters are tasty way to sneak in a bit of veg alongside some chorizo sausage. A treat for adults and kids alike!
How to Cook
- Place Wattie’s frozen Broccoli in a microwave proof bowl. Cover. Cook on high for 2-3 minutes to thaw broccoli. Drain off any excess water and roughly chop.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and Gregg’s Smoked Paprika into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients. Pour in milk and beaten egg. Mix to make a smooth batter. Fold in broccoli, chopped chorizo sausage, sundried tomatoes and spring onions.
- Heat 1-2 Tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan. When hot drop approximately ¼ cup of the batter into the pan. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and cook the other side for a further 2-3 minutes until fritters are golden and cooked through. Serve with tomato chutney on the side.
* Replace chorizo with chopped cooked bacon.
* Allow fritters to get cold then wrap in clingfilm and freeze. To reheat remove from freezer and remove plastic wrap. Heat in the oven wrapped in foil or in the microwave.
3 cups (200g) Wattie’s frozen Broccoli
¾ cup flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp Gregg’s Smoked Paprika
¾ cup milk
1 egg, beaten
100 g cooked chorizo sausage, diced
2 - 3 (20g) sundried tomatoes, diced
1 spring onion, chopped