Get the most out of your bumper crop of courgettes by turning them into this delicious relish! Then just add to your favourite burgers, sandwiches or cold meats!
7-8 x 250mL jars
How to Cook
Place prepared vegetables in a large bowl. Sprinkle over salt. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Rinse vegetables in cold water and drain through a colander or sieve. Transfer to a large saucepan or preserving pan. Add sugar, malt vinegar, Gregg’s Ground Nutmeg, Gregg’s Turmeric, Gregg’s Mustard Seeds, celery seeds and salt. Stir while bringing to the boil. Continue cooking for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
Mix cornflour with extra malt vinegar and stir into the hot relish. Continue cooking and stirring for a further 5 minutes.
Pour into sterilised jars. Screw on lids to seal. Leave for a few days before eating to allow flavours to develop.
Once opened store in the refrigerator.
* If jars don’t seal store relish in the refrigerator otherwise they can be stored in the pantry until opened.
* Replace courgettes with marrow if wished.
* Salting the vegetables for a few hours helps remove any of the bitterness that the courgettes may have.
* If necessary add a little extra cornflour if relish consistency is too thin, although it will thicken on cooling.
* A food processor with grater attachment is a good way to grate the courgettes. Capsicum can also be chopped in the food processor if wished.
1.5 kg courgettes, grated or chopped
4 red capsicums, deseeded and finely chopped
1 large onion, finely chopped
2 Tbsp salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups malt vinegar
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Nutmeg
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Turmeric
1 tsp Gregg's Yellow Mustard Seeds
1 tsp celery seeds
1 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cornflour
3 Tbsp extra malt vinegar
Chicken & Vegetable Soup
What better way to warm up your insides in winter than with this Chicken and Vege soup. Serve wi...
Easy and affordable to make, this simple yet delicious napoletana sauce goes well with your choi...
Beetroot Veggie Burgers
With the growing popularity of vegetarian meals we’ve created this tasty burger made withWattie’...