Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry
This creamy fragrant lentil curry is the ultimate comfort food to whip up in 30 minutes! It’s packed full of flavour and is a great source of protein and fibre!
How to Cook
- Heat a dash of oil in a medium sized lidded pan. Add onion, garlic and ginger and cook over a low heat until onion softens. Add Gregg’s Cumin Seeds and Gregg’s Ground Coriander and cook a further minute to allow the spices to ‘cook out’.
- Pour over Wattie’s Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes, drained Wattie’s Lentils and sugar if wished. Stir and bring to the boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes, covering the pan if the sauce is reducing too much. Stir occasionally to avoid the lentils sticking to the base of the pan.
- Add baby spinach leaves and coconut milk and continue cooking until spinach wilts and sauce hot. Season to taste.
- Serve with Basmati rice and garnish with coriander if wished.
* Adding the sugar helps to reduce the acidity of the tomatoes and helps draw out the flavours.
* Leftover coconut milk will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days or freeze in an airtight container for use at a later date.
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp Gregg's Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Gregg's Ground Coriander
400 g can Wattie’s Crushed and Sieved Tomatoes
400 g can Wattie's Lentils in Springwater, drained
½ tsp sugar (optional)
50 g baby spinach leaves
½ cup coconut milk
Coriander to garnish (optional)