Creamy Potato Bake
This comforting recipe is a perfect way to warm up your mid week winter dinners. With tender potatoes surrounded in creamy sauce you can match this incredibly easy dish with any meat accompaniment.
How to Cook
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish. Peel and slice the potatoes very thinly.
- Place the milk, cream, Gregg's Garlic Salt and Gregg's Ground Nutmeg in a small saucepan and heat until it almost reaches boiling point. Keep warm.
- Place half of the potatoes in the dish, overlapping the slices. Pour over half of the milk and cream mixture. Sprinkle with half of the Gregg's Rubbed Thyme and season with freshly ground Gregg's Natural Sea Salt and Gregg's Whole Black Peppercorns. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and milk and cream mixture. Sprinkle with remaining Gregg's Rubbed Thyme and season with more freshly ground black pepper.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the top and bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and the top is golden.
1 kg agria potatoes
½ cup milk
½ cup cream
1 tsp Gregg's Garlic Salt
¼ tsp Gregg's Ground Nutmeg
½ tsp Gregg's Rubbed Thyme
¼ - ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan
Gregg's Natural Sea Salt, freshly ground, to season
Gregg's Whole Black Peppercorns, freshly ground, to season