A perfect addition to your next antipasto platter or cheeseboard. Try serving with cold cuts of meat and fresh crusty bread for a quick and tasty lunch.
Makes 1 - 2 large jars
How to Cook
- Place the vegetables and Gregg's Natural Sea Salt in a heat resistant bowl. Cover with boiling water, leave for 10 minutes, then drain (but don't rinse).
- While the vegetables are standing; prepare the pickling liquid. Place the vinegar, sugar, Gregg's Pickling Spice and Bay Leaves in a saucepan, bring to the boil, then cool.
- Pack the vegetables and garlic cloves tightly into clean sterilised jars. Cover with the pickling liquid and seal the jars
- Leave in a cool dark place for about 5-6 weeks before eating.
- Serve, drained, alongside cold meats and on antipasti platters.
8 cups pre-pared raw vegetables
2 Tbsp Gregg's Natural Sea Salt
3 cups white vinegar
¼ cup sugar
1 Tbsp Gregg's Whole Pickling Spice
2 - 3 Gregg's Whole Bay Leaves
4 - 6 whole garlic