- The Promoter of this promotion is Cerebos Gregg's Limited of 2 Nuffield Street, Newmarket, Auckland 1023, New Zealand ("Promoter").
- The promotion commences at 00:01 NZST on 29 October 2018 and closes at 23:59 NZST on 9 December 2018] ("Promotional Period").
- This promotion is open to Onecard holders only who are New Zealand residents aged 18 years or older (excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families) shopping at Countdown supermarkets, owned by Progressive Enterprises Limited, 80 Favona Rd, Favona, Auckland ("Progressive"). Please note that employees of Progressive cannot be excluded from Onecard promotions.
Method of Entry
- For the duration of the Promotional Period, Countdown customers with a Onecard will receive one entry into the prize draw by either swiping their Onecard or entering their Onecard details at the time of purchase. Entry date for online purchases is the order delivery date (which must be within the Promotional Period). For the avoidance of doubt, customers will not be eligible to participate in this promotion if they do not swipe or enter their Onecard details at the time of purchase. Entries will not be accepted on a retrospective basis after the time of purchase.
- Customers can enter by purchasing any three or more Gregg's Herbs and Spices products in a single transaction ("Participating Bonus Product") from a Countdown supermarket or online and either swiping their Onecard or entering their Onecard details at the time of purchase. Entry date for online purchases is the order delivery date (which must be within the Promotional Period).
Limit 1 entry per Participating Bonus Product.
The Promoter reserves the right, at its discretion, to remove or to introduce further Participating Bonus Products during the Promotional Period.
There is one (1) prize to be won in this Promotion, which is comprised of:
- An invitation to attend a full day baking class in a professional kitchen with a star baker from the television show "The Great Kiwi Bake Off" ("the Baking Class") or the Winner and up to three friends;
- Return domestic flights for the Winner and up to three friends from their nearest airport within New Zealand to Auckland airport – the Winner and friends do not need to travel from the same airport;
- One night's accommodation on the night prior to the Baking Class for the Winner and up to three friends, including breakfast (accommodation will be a minimum of 3 stars, and be based on twin or quad share occupancy in the Promoter's discretion);
- Taxi transfers from and to Auckland airport;
- Taxi transfers from the accommodation to the Baking Class;
- Catering during the Baking Class; and
- Goodie bags for the Winner and three friends.
The Winner may choose to bring up to three (3) other persons to attend and take part in the Prize, which shall be subject to these terms and conditions.
Travel and accommodation as part of the Prize will be arranged by the Promoter on behalf of the Winner and their companions in consultation with the Winner.
The Prize does not include any other costs or inclusions not listed above, including (but not limited to) travel insurance, food and drink (other than the breakfast at the accommodation and catering during the Baking Class) and travel to and from the Winner and friends' nearest domestic airport. All other ancillary costs and arrangements are the responsibility of the Winner and their travelling companions.
The Baking Class will be photographed and videotaped for marketing purposes for the Promoter's use.
The Baking Class (and related elements of the Prize) must take place between Friday 18th January 2019 and Sunday 27th January 2019 in Auckland at a place nominated by the Promoter, and at a time mutually agreed to by the Winner and the Promoter.
If, despite reasonable efforts by the Promoter, the Winner is unable or unwilling for any reason to attend the Baking Class (including any related elements of the Prize) in person and within the timeframe stipulated above, then the Winner will forfeit the Prize and will not be compensated.
The Prize, or any unused portion of the Prize, is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. Where the Promoter is unable to provide the Prize or any individual element of the Prize for any reason, the Promoter may substitute the Prize for another prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions from any applicable regulatory authority.
Participation in the Prize may be subject to third party terms and conditions as may be imposed by persons involved in providing flights, accommodation and other goods and services (Third Party Terms). The Winner (and their companions, if applicable) are responsible for compliance with all applicable Third Party Terms and bear all risks associated with any failure to comply with them. The Promoter assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) to the Winner or their companions who, as a result of any failure to comply with these terms or conditions or any Third Party Terms, are unable to take part in the Prize (or any part of it) or suffer any other loss or damage.
- The winner will be determined by a draw from all valid entries on 17 December 2018.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and/or email using the details listed on the Onecard database that will be shared by Progressive with the Promoter. If we are unable to reach you by telephone or email, we will send you a letter notifying you. It is up to entrants to ensure that their relevant details on the Onecard database are correct. Details can be updated via the website www.countdown.co.nz/onecard or by phoning the call centre on 0800 40 40 40.
- In the event a winner cannot be contacted, (that is, cannot be reached by telephone and/or does not respond to email) within 7 days of each prize draw, we will send the winner a letter giving a further period from the date of the letter to get in touch with us. If we still do not get a response following our letter, a winner will be redrawn on the same terms as the original draw.
- The winner will have their details published on the Countdown website for 2 months following the draw date. By accepting the Prize, the winner consents to his or her name and/or photograph being used for such publicity purposes as reasonably determined by the Promoter. The winner agrees to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose, without compensation. The winner can be viewed at https://www.countdown.co.nz/onecard/onecard-competitions/onecard-competition-winners
- If a winner is under the age of 18, the Prize may, at the discretion of the Promoter be awarded to the winner's legal parent or guardian.
Exclusions and Liability
- The Promoter and Progressive will not be responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems.
- The Promoter and Progressive and their related companies, employees and agencies shall not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury suffered by any person arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with entering this promotion or claiming/winning any prize, or availing themselves of any prize, except as required by law.
- The Promoter and Progressive are not responsible for the transmission or receipt of any incorrect information associated with entries, either caused by user error or any equipment or programming malfunction associated with the promotion.
Use of Personal Information
- By entering this promotion, entrants consent to the use of their information as described above.
General Terms and Conditions
- By entering into this promotion you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that you have complied with all of your obligations under the Onecard terms and conditions. The Promoter and Progressive reserve the right to deem that your entry is void should you fail to comply with any of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry. The Promoter's decision is final.
- If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, acts or omissions of third parties, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.