- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C (conventional bake). Grease and line the base of a 23 cm springform cake tin with baking paper.
- Drain the Wattie’s Black Doris Plums. Carefully cut the plums in half and remove the stones. Place the plums on a tray lined with paper towels to remove excess syrup. Then place the plums cut side down into the base of the cake tin.
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift the flour, baking powder and Gregg's Ground Cinnamon into the creamed mixture and carefully fold in with the yoghurt.
- Spoon and spread the mixture over the plums. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked. A skewer inserted into the middle of the cake should come out clean. Stand in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Serve with Greek-style yoghurt, ice-cream or custard.
* If using a loose bottom cake tin, stand the tin on a baking sheet as some of the plum juice may leak out of the tin while baking.* Replace plums with 2 x 410g can of pears (well drained).