- Gently toast the almonds and sunflower seeds in a small pan over a medium heat until the almonds are golden. Set aside to cool.
- Add the Gregg's Sesame Seeds, Gregg’s Cumin Seeds and Gregg’s Coriander Seeds to the pan and lightly toast until fragrant. Transfer to a small bowl. Add the Gregg’s Ground Paprika and salt.
- Place all the toasted ingredients into a spice grinder or blender. Pulse a few times to crush the spices and roughly chop the nuts and seeds. The mix should be like rough breadcrumbs. Store in an airtight container.
Dukkah is very versatile:
- Use to sprinkle over your favourite hummus
- Coat chicken breasts or fish fillets in the dukkah in place of breadcrumbs
- Toss cubes of beef or chicken in a little olive oil and then toss in the dukkah – thread onto skewers and BBQ for a delicious kebab idea
- Sprinkle over poached or scrambled eggs
- Stir it into cooked pasta
- Dip bread into olive oil and then into the dukkah for a delicious addition to your antipasto platter
* If you don’t have a spice grinder or blender, the nuts and sunflower seeds can be finely chopped with a knife. Using a mortar and pestle grind to crush the cumin and coriander seeds. Mix all the ingredients together.
* If stored in an airtight container will keep for up to 1 month.