- To make the Meatballs: Mix together the beef mince, onion and Gregg's Rubbed Oregano. Season with a little salt and pepper. Roll the mixture into 16 meatballs. Place on a tray and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- To make the Sauce: Heat a dash of oil in a deep frying pan. Brown the meatballs over a high heat. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the temperature to medium–low, add onion and garlic and stir fry until the onion soften. Add the Wattie's Tomato Paste and stir while cooking for a further minute.
- Pour over Wattie’s Italian Style Tomatoes. Add Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce and ½ a can of water and stir. Add the drained Wattie’s Chickpeas. Stir and bring to the boil.Return the browned meatballs to the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked and sauce has reduced a little.
- Stir through the chopped basil or parsley and season with freshly ground black pepper. Serve over your favourite pasta accompanied with steamed green beans or courgettes.
* Soak the kebab skewers in cold water for at least 15 minutes to avoid them burning during cooking.
** This recipe gets the Healthy Pick for Main Meals.
** If you don’t want to make your own meatballs, purchase 400g pre-made meatballs from the butchery at your local supermarket.