- Preheat slow cooker on low.
- Cut the beef into 2-3 pieces. Mix together tomato paste, Gregg’s Ground Cumin, Gregg’s Ground Coriander and Gregg’s Chilli Flakes, if wished and spread over the surface of the meat.
- Place the meat into the slow cooker. Add onions, garlic and drained Wattie’s Pinto Beans. Pour over Wattie’s Mexican Style Tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours, until the meat falls apart.
- Remove the meat from the cooker and shred using 2 forks. Drain the remaining sauce into a saucepan and add the beans and onions to the meat with the chopped coriander if wished. Mix together. Reduce the sauce over high heat on the stove top until you are left with approximately ½ - ¾ cup.
- Preheat oven to 200°C (fan assisted).
- Warm the tortillas according to packet directions. Spoon meat and bean mixture onto a tortilla and roll up. Place in a greased lasagne-style dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Pour over the reduced sauce and scatter over grated cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and golden and filling hot. Serve with a tomato and avocado salsa and a fresh green salad on the side.
Tomato and Avocado Salsa:
- Mix all the ingredients together.
* You can serve the slow cooked beef over rice instead, if wished.
* The slow cooked beef can be made the day before. Fill tortillas and cook as per the recipe – cook time maybe longer to heat up the filling.