- Turn the slow cooker onto low. Cut the beef into strips 5 cm x 1 cm. Heat a dash of oil in a frying pan and brown the meat over high heat. Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the onion to the pan and cook over medium–low heat until beginning to soften. Transfer to the slow cooker with the mushrooms.
- Whisk together Gregg’s Ground Paprika, Dijon mustard, Wattie’s Tomato Paste and beef stock and pour over the meat. Cover. Cook on low for 6–7 hours or until meat is tender.
- At the end of cooking stir through the lite sour cream.* Season to taste with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve over fettuccine or rice and garnish with freshly chopped parsley. Serve with your favourite vegetables on the side.
* If freezing, omit lite sour cream and stir through when reheating.
** This recipe gets the Healthy Pick for Main Meals.
** Browning the meat helps improve the flavours of the overall dish.
** If the sauce is too thin at the end of cooking, thicken with 1–2 tsp of cornflour mixed with a little cold water. Whisk into the sauce before stirring in the lite sour cream.
** The stroganoff makes a delicious pie filling.