- Cook the kumara in lightly salted boiling water until tender. Drain well and mash. Allow to cool.
- Place the cooled kumara in a mixing bowl. Add the spring onions, carrot, flaked smoked fish, parsley and Gregg’s Lemon Pepper Seasoning. Season with black pepper.
- Form mixture into 6 patties. Place on a tray.
- Mix the pumpkin seeds and panko breadcrumbs and tip onto a plate.
- Dip the fish cakes in beaten egg then coat in the crumb and seed mix. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Pour enough oil into a frying pan to a depth of 5 mm. Heat the oil over medium heat. Pan-fry the fish cakes for 6–7 minutes on each side or until golden and hot.* Serve with HEINZ [SERIOUSLY] GOOD™ Tartare Sauce, lemon wedges and a green salad on the side.
* Fish cakes can be browned in a frying pan then placed on a baking tray and transferred to a preheated oven at 200°C (fan assisted) to continue cooking until the fish cakes are hot.
** We used smoked trevally but any fresh smoked fish will work.