- Roll the pastry out and line the base and sides of a fluted tart tin, approx. 10 cm x 34 cm, with removable base. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (fan assisted). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Toss the prepared vegetables in the olive oil and Gregg’s Rubbed Oregano. Place in a single layer on the baking tray. Roast for 15–20 minutes or until the vegetables are softened. Set aside to cool.
- Blind bake the pastry by lining the pastry with baking paper and baking beans. Bake for 12–15 minutes to cook the pastry. Remove the baking beans and paper and return the pastry to the oven for a further 5 minutes to dry out the base. Remove the pastry from the oven and reduce the temperature to 180°C (fan assisted).
- Spoon the roasted vegetables into the pastry case. Season the beaten eggs with salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables. Mix the cheese and Gregg’s Ground Smoked Paprika and sprinkle over the top. Bake for about 20 minutes or the until egg is set. Serve warm with a crisp salad on the side.
* We’ve used sliced courgettes, chopped red and yellow capsicums, sliced red onion and cubed eggplant in this recipe.
* For a winter tart use chopped pumpkin, kumara, red onion and broccoli florets. Roasting time will be about 25–30 minutes.