Back to recipes Print
Peri Peri chicken with Pineapple SalsaPerfectly matched flavours with peri peri chicken and a juicy pineapple salsa, a crowd pleaser.
- Serves: 4
- Preparation Time: 2.25 hours, including marinating time
- Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 4 Single chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp Gregg's Peri Peri Seasoning
- 500g Fresh pineapple, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Long red chilli, seeded, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Gregg's Salt and Pepper grinder
- Rocket leaves to serve
Method1. Place chicken in a ceramic dish. Combine vinegar, oil, and 1 tablespoon Gregg’s peri peri seasoning in a bowl. Pour over chicken and turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 2 hours to develop flavors.
2. Pre heat a spray a large non-stick frying pan or grill plate with olive oil. Heat over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 6 minutes each side or until cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, combine all salsa ingredients and remaining Gregg’s Peri Peri Seasoning in a bowl.
4. Cut chicken into portions and serve with pineapple salsa and lemon wedges. Season with Gregg’s Salt and Pepper grinder. Serve.